Implementing Electronic Government
We need to rethink how we relate and communicate with the community in every part of the organisation. The Access to Services programme has been established to achieve these changes and to meet the stated aims of the Council's Implementing Electronic Government (IEG) strategy.
The results of the fundamental service review of Access to Services and IT identified that the current IT service may not have the requisite skills and capacity to deliver such an ambitious programme of work. Therefore the option to engage external assistance through a strategic IT partnership was examined by a Business Case Team.
To determine the current skills and capacity of the IT function within the Council this Team conducted interviews and workshops with the IT management team and with the key IT service users within the organisation.
To determine the future requirements implied by the Access to Services programme the Business Case Team worked with the Director of Corporate Services and the Assistant Director Customer Services, other key officers, used the corporate priorities, and applied experience of current best practice within the local government arena.
The result of this exercise was approved by Cabinet to proceed with the acquisition of a Strategic Services Support Coct.
The main scope for the Strategic Service Support Contract is as follows:
- The delivery of new IT systems and solutions
- Assistance in the operation of the IT Service in order to create greater delivery capability
- Assistance in the delivery of the Council's Access to Services Strategy including the integration of the HertsLink Solution (a countywide solution aimed at the delivery of a Citizens' Portal) The delivery of a potential CRM (Customer Relationship Management) based solution in support of the creation of a customer services organisation
- Skills transfer, learning and development opportunities in order to bridge the skills gap that exists
- The obtaining of specialist skills as required
- The delivery and implementation of the Council's e-Government Programme in line with IEG3
If you have any questions about the Access to Services Fundamental Service Review please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .