Finance, Credit and Debt
Advice on dealing with debt.
- Citizens Advice Bureau or telephone 08456 88 98 97
- National Debtline or call free on 0808 808 4000
- Customer Credit Counselling Service or call the helpline free on 0800 1381111
- Connexions Direct information and advice to young people or call free on 0800 12 219
- NHDC’s Revenues and Benefits Service advice on council tax and housing benefit, or call the Revenues and Benefits Service on 01462 474000
- Shelter advice on debt and arrears
- Debt Advice Foundation - free, confidential support and advice to anyone worried about debt. Contact the Foundation's Advisors call 0800 644 60 35.
Credit and Banking
Credit and banking advice.
- Consumer Direct - advice on all kinds of consumer issues or call 08454 04 05 06
- Ibas are an independent banking advisory service.
- Energy Saving Trust - free and impartial energy advice including advice on Government grants. Call free on 0800 512 012
- Warmfront is a Government-funded initiative to make homes more warmer, healthier and more energy efficient or call 0800 316 2805
- Home Heat Helpline - specialist energy advice including advice on grants or call 0800 33 66 99
- Child Maintenance information and support on the different child maintenance options available