- Citizens Advice Bureau provide free, confidential advice on arrears, repossession and homelessness.
- Directgov holds information on how to keep your home including advice on mortgage and rent difficulties.
- Homes and Communities Agency gives information on finding a housing association home to buy or to rent, or buying a home through the HomeBuy scheme.
- NHDC’s Housing Advice Service offer advice and assistance on housing and housing related issues, or call us on 01462 474000.
Homelessness and Temporary Accommodation
- Citizens Advice Bureau - Provide free, confidential advice on homelessness and finding accommodation.
- Community Legal Advice offers free, confidential and independent advice on homelessness, emergency accommodation and your rights to stay where you are living. Telephone number 0845 345 4 345.
- Connexions direct offer advice on a variety of housing issues including homelessness.
- Shelter offers information and advice on issues such as homelessness, private renting and home ownership. You can call a free, national telephone advice line staffed by trained housing advisors on 0808 800 4444.
- Herts Young Homeless Group or telephone 01707 251384.
More housing-related advice - Housing.