Tell us what you think about our site...

Supported housing

Supported housing or 'housing related support' is available to people with a wide range of support needs, for example:

  • people with physical difficulties
  • older people with extra care needs and those who need support to manage their own homes
  • people with mental health needs
  • people with learning difficulties
  • young people leaving care and those setting up in new tenancies
  • people with alcohol and/or substance misuse problems
  • people fleeing domestic violence

Housing related support enables people to live independently and assists them to secure and maintain their tenancies. Support can be provided either on-site in a particular supported housing scheme or as an outreach/ floating support service to people wherever they live. Housing related support includes advice, guidance and encouragement to:

  • secure and set up a home
  • develop home management skills such as cooking and cleaning
  • access benefits, health and community care services
  • establish and maintain social support

Information about various types of care and support is given on Hertfordshire County Council's website.  This includes details of a wide variety of support and self help groups.

How to access housing related support

If you are in need of support, you need to complete a Common Housing Register form.

Along with your application to join the register you will be asked to complete a medical assessment form to help us establish the level and type of support you require.  If you do not want to move but need to access floating/outreach support, you will still need to complete a medical assessment form.  Information and guidance about how to apply can be found on our 'Applying to join the Common Housing Register' page.

Contact Details

Details of how to contact the team can be found on the Housing & Public Protection contact page.