North Herts Council can help you kick start your career with our Apprenticeship Scheme which has been running successfully since 2012. Each year we offer a number of exciting opportunities in various areas across the Council. Apprentices have been recruited into areas such as:
- Customer Services
- Hertfordshire Careline
- Property Services
- Community Safety & Licensing
- Community Engagement
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal (Procurement)
- Digital Marketing (Hitchin Town Hall)
What is an apprentice?
An apprentice is an individual who undertakes a formalised and accredited training programme in a work-based environment lasting between one and four years.
An apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training programme combining work with learning and training, both on and off the job.
They combine the development of theoretical and practical experience gained from doing the job. There are different levels of apprenticeships:
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeships - for those who are working towards, or have completed, Level 2 qualifications.
- Advanced Level Apprenticeships - for those who are working towards, or have completed, Level 3 qualifications.
- Higher Apprenticeships - for those who are working towards, or have completed, Level 4 or higher qualifications.
Interested in applying?
All current apprentice roles are advertised on our Job Opportunities page and you can apply online here. If there are no current roles available, please revisit our website regularly as vacancies are added whenever new roles become available. If you have any questions or need further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.