Business Support Grant funding ends soon in North Herts - apply before it's too late
North Herts District Council (NHDC) are urging businesses in the district to apply for Business Support Grant funding if they haven’t already, before the grant scheme permanently closes on 28 August.
Business Support Grants were created by the UK Government to financially support businesses in the UK during the coronavirus pandemic. NHDC has acted as an administrator on behalf of the Government, awarding grant funding to eligible businesses in the district.
Two sets of funding are available:
- Small Business Grant Fund: Small businesses with a rateable value of under £15,000 may be eligible to receive a £10,000 grant to assist with the impact of coronavirus on their business
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund: Qualifying retail, hospitality and leisure businesses where the rateable value is under £51,000 could be eligible for a grant of either £10,000 or £25,000. Examples would be, but are not limited to:
- restaurants, cafés, bars or pubs
- cinemas or live music venues
- estate agents or letting agencies
- assembly or leisure properties - for example, a bingo hall, a sports club, a gym or spa
- hospitality properties - eg a hotel, a guest house or self-catering accommodation
Grants awarded are not a loan, so businesses do not need to pay any money back.
Under no circumstances can applications received after 28 August be considered.
Cllr Keith Hoskins, NHDC’s Executive Member for Enterprise and Co-operative Development said: “This money has proven to be a vital lifeline for many local businesses over the past few months. If you are a local business, you think you might qualify and you haven’t applied, do get in touch before the closing date.”
Cllr Ian Albert, NHDC’s Executive Member for Finance said: “We are really pleased to have helped administer this grant scheme which has financially helped to keep many local businesses afloat during these very difficult times. Please, if you own a business in North Herts and have not yet looked into whether you qualify for this funding, do so before the closing date on 28 August.”
To find out if your business is eligible for support and to apply for a Business Support Grant go to our Coronavirus: help for businesses web page.