We have produced a simple guide to the planning process so that you can clearly see what will happen to your application once it has been submitted.
We are required to notify neighbouring occupiers that an application has been received.
Normally applications are decided under the delegated decision making procedure. However, major developments of strategic significance, applications by the Council or its officers and applications called in by Councillors, or where a contrary view has been expressed by a statutory consultee, are determined by the Planning Control Committee which meets on a four to five week basis.
All correspondence must quote the relevant planning application reference number. Please note we may not be able to deal with your correspondence if the application number is not provided.
Common planning issues
- Common constraints to development
- High Hedges
- Smoke free premises and vehicle regulations
- Solar panels and wind turbine guidance
The Planning Portal provides guidance for householders who are looking for advice relating to
- planning and building regulation matters for green energy projects and energy saving
- permitted development and many common householder projects
- how the system of advertisements and signs works in England