Current Notices can be found below. Past Notices and Award Notices are also below.
Where to find Contracting Opportunities
The Council must be satisfied that tender opportunities are being exposed to competition through reasonable levels of publicity.
The Council may advertise in the following publications/places:
- The Official Journal of the European Union – This is required for any contract covered by the regulations implementing EU legislation and can be accessed through Tenders Electronic Daily (TED).
- Public notices in the local press
- On the Supply Hertfordshire Portal
- Trade Journals relating to the commodity being tendered
- The Government Contracts Finder website
Who do we buy from?
We will encourage supplies from:
- Local businesses as well as major companies
- SMEs and micro businesses
- Ethnic businesses
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Other public sector organisations
We will also:
- consider small businesses who want to deliver large projects, and bigger companies who want to provide small products
- encourage our partners to use local businesses and suppliers for their needs
- use central Corporate Contracts particularly for items which are widely used across the Council
A list of contracts currently held by North Hertfordshire District Council can be found on the Contracts Register page.