We have launched a Community Support Fund for essential services which are supporting the community during the coronavirus pandemic.
The Community Support Fund seeks to support essential services which find themselves under increased pressure at this time.
This funding will support three specific areas:
- provision of food and essentials
- mental health support (including loneliness caused by isolation)
- domestic abuse support
There are three types of grants available within the Community Support Fund:
- District Wide: if your organisation benefits multiple towns within the district of North Herts then it will be eligible for a District Wide Grant expected to be up to £5,000.
- Area Specific: if your organisation operates to benefit one town/location then it will be eligible for an Area Specific Grant expected to be up to £2,000.
- Larger grants: there are ongoing funding agreements available for organisations which NHDC has historically supported. These organisations will be directly approached by NHDC officers. The award of these grants will be subject to a legally binding grant agreement between NHDC and the organisation. Funding agreements can be reviewed by NHDC at any time.
All applications will be reviewed thoroughly to ensure that the organisation is responding to increased demand or adapting their delivery model, as necessitated by the pandemic. The review will look for sound evidence to demonstrate this additional need.
Recipients of funds from us will need to provide all relevant documentation and will be subject to monitoring and reporting.
There are no deadlines for applications to the Community Support Fund. Instead applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
How to apply
To apply, please read the Community Support Fund policy and criteria fully (below). Then complete the application form at the foot of this page.
Please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Engagement Team by emailing: email@example.com.