All Councillors are required by law to complete a declaration of interest form to register their declarable pecuniary interests (DPIs).
These include details of the Councillor's/ Councillor's spouse/partners':
- employment, office, trade, profession or vocation
- other financial benefits
- contracts with their Council
- land within their Council area
- one month or more Licence within their Council area
- corporate tenancies/ interests in land within their Council area.
- securities with a place of business or land within their Council area.
The NHDC Councillor Code is in Section 17 of the Council's Constitution. A full description of the DPIs are set out in the NHDC Councillors Code of Conduct in Appendix A to Section 17 and in 'The Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012 No.1464' which you can find on the legislation website.
Parish, Town and Community Council declarations are also available on the individual Parish, Town and Community Council declarations pages.
Please note that employees of the Council are also covered by an internal Employee Code of Conduct and Gifts and Hospitality Policy.
For further guidance and protocols , please see attachments below.