Housing Related Support

Supported housing or 'housing related support' is available to people with a wide range of support needs, for example:

  • people with physical difficulties
  • older people with extra care needs and those who need support to manage their own homes
  • people with mental health needs
  • people with learning difficulties
  • young people leaving care and those setting up in new tenancies
  • people with alcohol and/or substance misuse problems
  • people fleeing domestic violence

Housing related support enables people to live independently and assists them to secure and maintain their tenancies. Support can be provided either on-site in a particular supported housing scheme or as an outreach/floating support service to people wherever they live. Housing related support includes advice, guidance and encouragement to:

  • secure and set up a home
  • develop home management skills such as cooking and cleaning
  • access benefits, health and community care services
  • establish and maintain social support

Information about various types of care and support can be found on Hertfordshire County Council's website. This includes details of a wide variety of support and self help groups.