People Fleeing Domestic Violence

If you are experiencing violence from someone close to you, there are a variety of places that you can get advice and assistance:

Hertfordshire Police (999 for an emergency and 0845 3300222 non-emergency)

National Domestic Violence Helpline (0808 2000 247) Freephone 24 hour

NHDC’s Housing Options team

Hertfordshire Domestic Violence Helpline (08088 088 088) Freephone

Hertfordshire Sunflower services

Women's Refuge

Women's Aid

Safer Places (03301 025811) hold the contract for Refuge Provision in Hertfordshire.

If you are a tenant of a local authority or housing association, you need to contact your landlord immediately as they will be able to help you.

If you feel that you would be unsafe to remain at home, you can contact the Council's Housing Options Team or any other Council in the country for assistance. The Council will give you advice and assistance and may be able to provide you with temporary emergency accommodation.

If you are a woman fleeing domestic violence, the Council may be able to find you a place at a Women's Refuge. Alternatively, you can access a refuge space yourself by calling the National Domestic Violence Helpline as above.