No cash for parking? The PayByPhone cashless payment system in Council pay and display locations allows drivers to pay by mobile phone using debit or credit card.
PayByPhone is available in all of our car parks that have pay and display machines (except Hitchin Swimming Centre car park).
Advantages of PayByPhone
- you can extend your stay without returning to the car park (subject to maximum stay limits)
- more secure, not advertising how long you will be staying
- no lost or blown away pay and display tickets
- once registered you can use this service in many locations countrywide
- it's convenient and quick
How to use PayByPhone
- App - Download the PayByPhone app from the Google Play or iOS App Store to register and pay for parking sessions. Links to the app can also be found at paybyphone.co.uk
- Online - Visit paybyphone.co.uk and select Register to set up a new account or Sign in to pay for a parking session. Customers can also visit their account page to add or amend vehicle details, update payment information or security settings.
- Phone - Call 0800 546 0608. Existing users will be prompted to enter the location number, and parking time required. New users will be guided through a registration process.
- Text - Send a text message to 65565.
Find the full details of how to use PayByPhone.
Location numbers can be found on the pay and display ticket machines, or on the web page for the car park - find details for all our car parks here.
If you are extending your parking time, please note you cannot extend your stay beyond the maximum stay allowed for the car park.
We suggest that you do not pay before arriving at the car park as payment does not guarantee that a parking space will be available on your arrival. No refunds will be given in the event that a parking space is not available.
Charges for using PayByPhone
- Service charge of 6p in addition to the parking charge.
- SMS confirmation of parking session 10p (this is optional).
- SMS reminder of parking session about to expire 10p (this is optional).