All local planning authorities have to prepare a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI). This sets out how we will involve the community in preparing the Local Plan and in considering planning applications.
Draft Statement of Community Involvement - public consultation
The current SCI was adopted in 2015. It should be reviewed every five years. A draft SCI has been approved by Cabinet for public consultation.
The most significant amendments in the 2020 draft proposed SCI include:
- how the Council will undertake statutory consultees consultations for neighbourhood plans;
- an appendix which sets out some guidelines of support that the Council will offer neighbourhood planning groups;
- encouraging developers to consider the need for seeking to resolve contruction management issues at the earliest stage of the planning process; and
- encouraging developers of strategic development proposals (i.e over 500 dwellings) or contentious development proposals to undertake presentations to the relevant Area Committee.
The draft SCI is available for inspection on the website (available to download on this page) and at the Council Offices, Gernon Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3JF during normal office hours.
You can make your comments:
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to: North Hertfordshire District Council, PO Box 10613, Nottingham, NG6 6DW.
The consultation period will run for six weeks from Tuesday 12 February to Wednesday 25 March 2020.
Adopted Statement of Community Involvement
The current North Hertfordshire Statement of Community Involvement was formally adopted by the Council on 3 September 2015.
If you have any queries about the SCI, please email them to: email@example.com.