Icknield Way Cemetery was Letchworth Garden City's first cemetery and is located just over half a mile to the south of Wilbury Hills Cemetery. Although Icknield Way Cemetery is now closed for full burials, it is still in use for the re-opening of existing grave spaces and has cremated remains graves available.
It has a small chapel, which houses the Book of Remembrance and this is available to view every day of the year.
- Address for Icknield Way Cemetery: Icknield Way, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 4BA
- Accessed via Icknield Way or Wilbury Hills Road
- Approximately one mile from train station and town centre
- Limited parking inside cemetery with main gates in Icknield Way being open dawn until dusk
- Pedestrian access is available at all times from Wilbury Hills Road or Icknield Way
- Available to any faith
- Limited car parking on site with on-street parking available in Icknield Way
- Closed for full burials, except for pre-purchased plots and re-openings
- Cremated remains graves are available
- Special area for child burials
- Book of Remembrance inside chapel, available to view every day
- Toilet facilities available during cemetery opening hours
Regulations and opening hours
Icknield Way Cemetery Rules & Regulations can be found in our leaflet below.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please contact the Burials team on 01462 474000 or email email@example.com.
Icknield Way, Letchworth Garden City