Icknield Way cemetery was Letchworth’s first cemetery and is located just over half a mile to the south of Wilbury Hills cemetery. Although Icknield Way is now closed for full burials, it can be used if graves are being re-opened and for pre-purchased plots. Cremated remains are also still being interred at the cemetery.
It has a small chapel, which is available for services for children. The chapel can accommodate approximately eight mourners. It also houses the Book of Remembrance and this is available to view every day of the year.
- Accessed via Icknield Way or Wilbury Hills Road
- One mile from train station and town centre
- Main gates open dawn until dusk
- Pedestrian access is available outside these hours
- Available to any faith
- Limited car parking - on-street parking available nearby
- Closed for full burials, except for pre-purchased plots
- Also open to grave re-openings and ashes interments
- Special area for child burials
- Small chapel (capacity 8 mourners) - available for services for children only
- Book of Remembrance inside chapel, available to view every day
- Toilet facilities available during cemetery opening hours
Regulations and opening hours
Icknield Way cemetery regulations and opening hours can be found in our leaflet below.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please contact the Burials team on 01462 474000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org