Learn to cycle classes coming to Letchworth and Baldock
Are you or someone you know struggling to grasp how to ride a bike? North Herts District Council (NHDC) and the Healthy Hub are running Learn to Cycle sessions in Letchworth and Baldock later this month.
Coming to Baldock from Saturday 26 September 2020 and Letchworth from Saturday 10 October 2020, these one hour 1-to-1 lessons are aimed at helping children, teenagers and adults gain confidence and learn the necessary skills to ride a pedal bike.
- A 1 hour lesson costs £15;
- COVID-secure safety guidelines have been put into place to make these lessons possible;
- Participants must have a road worthy bike with two working brakes, and a correctly fitting helmet;
- If under the age of 16 years old, one parent/carer is required to stay on site for the duration of the lesson;
- There will be no access to toilets.
Cllr Steve Jarvis, NHDC’s Executive Member for Leisure said: “Travelling by bike not only boosts people’s health and saves money, but also brings wider environmental benefits, which is why we want to make cycling a viable option for everyone across North Herts.
“If you’ve been unsure about cycling or lacked confidence, now is a good time to try this course”.
Booking is essential and spaces are limited. For more details, contact Megan Pinner on 01462 474838 or email email@example.com