Norton Common Local Nature Reserve brings the countryside into the very heart of Letchworth. It’s a place for people, and wildlife, to enjoy. and is packed full of things to do for people of all ages.
Features and activities
- Play areas – for young and older children
- Skateboard park
- Outdoor swimming pool with cafeteria
- Picnic area
- Two bowling greens
- Floodlit Multi Use Games Area
- Tennis courts - senior and junior (no booking required)
- Good for dog walking – please keep dogs under control
- Two car parks open every day, one by the outdoor pool and one adjacent to the bowling greens 10 minutes walk from town centre
- Disabled access
A 45 minute walk in fresh air through the Norton Common Nature Reserve.
Friends of Norton Common
Norton Common benefits from a very active volunteer group, the Friends of Norton Common, who work to preserve the precious habitat of the Common as well as carrying out wildlife surveys. Survey results are available here: Norton Common Wildlife Surveys
Details about the group and posts can be viewed on their Friends of Norton Common Facebook page.
Icknield Way, Letchworth