Hitchin Cemetery is located in St. John’s Road and is available for burials of any faith. There is also a Chapel available which holds approximately 50 mourners and may be used for services if required, at an additional fee. The Council also provides the Order of Service books and a CD player for music, although a Minister and any music must be provided by the organiser of the funeral.
- Accessed off St John's Road or Cemetery Road
- A short walk from the town centre and 25 minutes from the railway station
- Available to any faith
- Available for full burials and ashes interments
- Limited car parking available off St John's Road
- Chapel that can be used for services (small fee applies)
- Chapel holds approximately 50 mourners
- Order of Service books and CD player available
- Pre-purchased plots are not available
Regulations and opening hours
St John's Road cemetery regulations and opening hours can be found in our leaflet below.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please contact the Burials team on 01462 474000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org