The cemetery off Stamford Avenue was built as an extension to Melbourn Road Cemetery and lies on the opposite side of the road with a disused chapel on the site. The older part of the cemetery containing the chapel is the responsibility of St John's Church for interments and the church holds the records.
The cemetery contains full burial and cremated remains sections. The cremated remains section is now at capacity and the cemetery has a small number of full burial grave spaces remaining, however there will still be grave re-openings and pre-purchased plots permitted within the cemetery.
- Pedestrian access is off the main A10 or via the footpath off Stamford Avenue
- A short walk from the town centre and railway station
- There is no on site parking available but visitors can park in Stamford Avenue. Please respect the residential parking restrictions and access at all times
- Address for Stamford Avenue Cemetery: Stamford Avenue Cemetery, Stamford Avenue, Royston, SG8 7DD
- Available to any faith
- Available for full burials and cremated remains re-openings and pre-purchased grave spaces only
- Pedestrian access available at all times
Regulations and opening hours
Stamford Avenue Cemetery Rules & Regulations and opening hours can be found in our leaflet below.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please contact the Burials team on 01462 474000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Stamford Avenue, Royston