Wilbury Hills is NHDC’s flagship cemetery on the northern edge of Letchworth. It was planned to cater for the diverse needs of our community, with a mausoleum building and separate spaces for different religions. The cemetery provides a wide variety of burial options, from woodland burials to family plots or niche interments. The non-denominational chapel is available for a small fee. The Council provides the Order of Service books and a CD player for music, although a Minister and any music must be provided by the organiser of the funeral.
The cemetery was built to solve the shortage of burial space in North Hertfordshire and has been described as a ‘model’ for future cemeteries. It was designed as an inviting, inspiring place that extended the green space of Letchworth and the development has won a Green Apple Award for environmental best practice. As well as ongoing maintenance, further work is planned to landscape the grounds, manage the wooded area and develop further cemetery buildings.
- Accessed via Stotfold Road
- One mile from train station and town centre
- Pedestrian access is available outside these hours
- Available to any faith
- Car parking available
- Non-denominational chapel available for services (small fee applies)
- Order of Service books and CD player available
- Separate areas for different religions
- Green burials in meadow and woodland areas
- Family plots for full interments and cremated remains
- Special area for child burials
- Scattering of cremated remains available
- Planting and sponsorship of memorial trees
- Book of Remembrance available
Regulations and opening hours
Wilbury Hills cemetery regulations and opening hours can be found in our leaflet below.
If you have any queries or would like further information, please contact the Burials team on 01462 474000 or e-mail email@example.com