- Letchworth Railway Station and bus stop nearby
- 10 minute walk from town centre
- Hillshott car park
- Play area
- Refreshment kiosk
- Paddling pool
- Large green space for relaxation, picnics or family fun
- Public toilets
- Varied seating around the Park and Gardens
- Bowls pavilion and green in Howard Gardens
- Over 60s social club
- Historic Mrs Howard Hall with rooms available for hire
- Disabled access
Howard Park and Gardens is a vital green space in the heart of the town surrounded by mature trees and with formal gardens around the bowls area. It also has quiet areas for reading or relaxation. This was part of the vision of Ebenezer Howard more than 100 years ago. Created as a central part of the world’s first garden city in Letchworth the park continues to play an important role in the life of Letchworth and makes a significant contribution to the quality of life of those who live and work in or visit the town.
The Park now has updated leisure facilities catering for young and old alike who can enjoy family activities on the lawns, play area or in the paddling pool, or more organised events in the bowls or social club.
The £2.7 million project to restore the Park and Gardens was able to go ahead thanks to an award of £1.84 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund and Big Lottery Fund through the 'Parks for People' scheme, and an investment by NHDC. Many important facilities have been restored such as the statue of Sappho and other memorials and the paddling pool transformed. Many new features were added including new play area, park furniture and a refreshment kiosk. The park was awarded its first Green Flag in July 2013.
- Howard Garden Bowls Club: tel 01462 641528
- Mrs Howard Memorial Hall: tel 01462 681951