Contact us


Using our online forms means we can direct your enquiry to the right team straight away, such as:

  • Make a payment
  • Report a missed bin
  • Report a problem
  • General enquiries

Contact us online


Call: 01462 474000 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Textphone: 01462 474800

Payments service: 0300 4560535 (24 hours a day)

Out of Hours in an Emergency (homelessness, environmental health, street cleaning, parks, public buildings, car parks)
Call: 0300 777 412

In person

The Customer Service Centre is temporarily located at Town Lodge (opposite Broadway Cinema), Gernon Road, Letchworth SG6 3HN, while the Council Offices building is being refurbished.


For Planning and Building Control, Council Tax, Benefits and Business Rates, Housing, Environmental Health and Licensing:

North Hertfordshire District Council
PO Box 480
M33 0DE

For all other services:

Council Offices
Gernon Road
Letchworth Garden City

Services run by Hertfordshire County Council

If you have a query about any of the below, you can find information on Hertfordshire County Council's website:

  • Road works, potholes and street lighting
  • Blue Badges  
  • Bus passes
  • Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC) 
  • Fire and rescue 
  • Adult social services
  • Schools and education 
  • Children's social care 
  • Libraries

Find out more on their website

Social Media

  Twitter - @NorthHertsDC