- No on-site car parking. Parking available at Civic Centre, Fish Hill and Market Hill.
- Pedestrian and disabled access.
- Five minute walk from main bus station.
- Bus stops on Melbourne Road and Priory.
- Green open space with soft and hard landscaping
- Play area (Junior)
- Play area (Toddler)
- Sensory Garden
- Open space for picnicking
- Bench seating
- Multi Use Games Area (To book call Linda Hopkins on 01462 474273)
- Band Stand
- Dog walking
- Disabled access
- War Memorials, Areas of Remembrance
- Formal and Informal Recreation
- Five minute walk to town centre for shopping
- Public toilets in Fish Hill
- Access to St Johns Church NW side of park
Priory Memorial Gardens is a large attractive enclosed park surrounded by mature trees, hedging and walls which was originally developed back in 1950s after formally being attached to a Nunnery. Facilities cater for young and old alike whether to enjoy family activities centred around the play area or park area for relaxation.
This reserve has been awarded a Green Flag. The Green Flag award scheme is the benchmark national standard for parks and green spaces in the UK.
If you would like to be involved with the management and maintenance of this site, please visit the Countryside Management Service website for further information.
Follow the link for a summary of the results of Priory Memorial Garden's Water Splash Park consultation.