A mixture of meadow land and wetlands, the River Purwell flows through Purwell Meadows and joins the River Hiz further downstream in Walsworth. If you are lucky, you may spot kingfishers which are native to the area. Nearby facilities for play and recreation, make this a place to visit for all the family.
Features and activities
- Walks through wildlife rich areas
- Basketball court
- Play area for young children
- Football pitch
- Youth shelter
- Good for dog walking – please keep dogs under control
- All sports pitches need to be pre-booked through John O'Conner
- On street parking
- Disabled access
- Bus stops on Purwell Lane
If you want to find out how you can get involved in keeping this natural habitat special visit the Countryside Rights of Way.
Greenspace Action Plan
Purwell Lane, Hitchin