North Hertfordshire has always been a great place for business, and with over 5000 companies based here, North Hertfordshire District Council looks to provide as much help as possible for companies in our district.
Funding to support the Hertfordshire economy and businesses comes from both central Government and the EU, and is channelled through the Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) into programmes and projects designed specifically to address the issues faced by Hertfordshire companies. Whether you’re just starting out with a new business idea, or already established and looking to grow, there is help available to support what your business needs.
There are around 15 schemes, free to use for businesses, which have to be completed in around 18 months so now is the time to find out what is available for your company. Here is a summary and how to find out more:
Free support to help new businesses including workshops, one-to-one advice, incubation workspace and grants
Growth and Exporting
Projects to help companies with: overcoming barriers to growth, developing innovation, getting help with exporting, harnessing graduate talent and build links with academic expertise
Preparing for Brexit
Resources and advice to support businesses preparing for when Britain leaves the European Union.
• Contact: Hertfordshire Growth Hub's resource pages at http://bit.ly/preparingforbrexit
There are specific projects to help particularly supply chain companies involved with life sciences, film and screen industries, manufacturing, and low carbon solutions in the built environment
Energy Efficiency Grants and Support
Grants of between £1,000 and £20,000 for eligible businesses in North Herts to cover up to 25% of their costs in installing energy and cost saving measures such as LED lighting, electric vehicles, smart windows and heating/cooling systems. Contact: BEE (Business Energy Efficiency) at www.beecp.org or email email@example.com or call 01733 882549.
Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 for SMEs to cover a third of the cost of installing energy and cost saving measures. Contact: Low Carbon Workspaces firstname.lastname@example.org 01494 569060 www.lowcarbonworkspaces.co.uk
Skills for growth
Free training and development to help businesses upskill their workforce
Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal (HOP) gives students, employers and residents access to the resources they need to make informed career decisions and build a future talent pipeline.
Skills advice for SMEs
Information, advice and guidance for SMEs around skills planning
Help for individuals
There is also more help for people trying to get into work, or those wanting to develop new skills to get new jobs:
- Help with financial advice and securing sustainable employment • Contact Hertfordshire County Council email@example.com
- Help with English, maths and ESOL for Hertfordshire residents and Hertfordshire SMEs • Contact Hertfordshire County Council firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with re-engaging with education and leading healthier and more fulfilling lives through community learning • Contact Hertfordshire County Council HAFLS.BST@hertfordshire.gov.uk
- Helping unemployed people back into employment by developing vocational and employability skills • Contact Reed Partnership and Learn Direct Parmjit.Khatkar@learndirect.com Aldo.Collu@reed.co.uk