The council has agreed proposals to change how bins are collected in North Herts. This will reduce waste and increase recycling, make the services more effective and efficient and help keep service delivery costs as low as possible.
What is changing?
Purple bin collections will move to a three-weekly collection cycle.
Introducing a three weekly collection cycle will:
- Help increase the district’s recycling rate.
- Reduce waste by encouraging residents to free up space in their purple bin.
- Reduce carbon emissions by an estimated 60 tonnes as collection vehicles would be out for less time and cover a lower mileage
- Save around £270k a year, a substantial reduction in the current landscape of rising costs and other pressures on council budgets
The changes will come into effect in 2025.
- Read our latest press release
- Visit our FAQ page for additional information