Skip to main content

Street parties and closing a road or path

If you would like to close a highway or road for an event, you need to apply for a road closure.

Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) manage applications for all types of road closures, ranging from major events such as music festivals to small street parties.


The cost of a road closure varies. Details of costs are available on Hertfordshire County Council's website.

Advice on street parties 

You can read a guide to organising a street party on the GOV.UK website.

Herts Police provide advice on events and processions.

Further information can be found on the Hertfordshire County Council's street parties page.