Before applying, find out more about resident permits, visitors permits and visitor ticket books here.
To apply for a parking permit online, you need to create an account with a valid email address. Once you have created your account, you will be able to apply, renew, request changes and see the status of your applications online.
You should apply at least 7 working days before your required start date of the permit. This is to allow time for us to process and post your permits to you. Permits may be applied for up to one calendar month before the required start date.
Remember to provide evidence to support your application or renewal of permit.
The current prices for permits are:
|Type of permit||Price|
|Resident Permit - 12 months||£84.00|
|Resident Permit - 6 months||£42.00|
|Visitor Permit - 12 months||£84.00|
|Visitor Permit - 6 months||£42.00|
|Visitor Ticket Book (10 tickets)||£12.00|
Resident permits, visitor permits and visitor ticket books are non refundable. You will need to surrender the permit if you are no longer eligible or no longer require the permit. Further information can be found on the Change of Details page.
Permits and tickets may only be used on motorcycles, cars, light vans and vehicles under 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight.
It is necessary to provide evidence to support all applications and renewals of permits.
- Do not send original documents - please send photocopies only. Documents will not be returned.
- The name on the supporting documentation needs to match the name on the application.
The evidence we require for each type of permit:
- Residents Permit (vehicle specific): proof of residence and proof of ownership / keepership
- Visitor Permit/Visitor Ticket Books: proof of residence
Proof of Residence
You can give us your permission to check the Council Tax register or provide one of the following:
- Council Tax Demand (most recent)
- Utility Bill (issued within last three months)
- Formal Tenancy Agreement (issued within last six months)
- Solicitors letter confirming completion of house purchase (issued in last six months)
- A bank statement (issued within last three months)
Proof of Vehicle Ownership/Keepership
One of the following:
- Vehicle Registration Document
- Hiring/Leasing agreement
- A recent letter from the employer (if the vehicle is a company car) confirming that the vehicle is owned or leased by the company and that the applicant is the sole keeper and user
- Insurance Certificate (most recent)
- Garage bill of sale or insurance cover note (if you have purchased the vehicle within the last month)
Blue Badge Holders
A Blue Badge can be used in place of a resident permit, visitor permit or instead of a visitor ticket in all zones. The front of the blue badge must be displayed so that the expiry date and serial number is clearly visible through the windscreen.
Reminders will be sent one month before resident or visitor permits are due to expire. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to apply for a renewal of any permit.
Change of details or replacement permits
See the Change of Details page for information about changes you may need to make to your permit (e.g. change of vehicle registration, change of address or name) or to arrange a replacement permit.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Parking Services on 01462 474631 select Option 3.
Terms and conditions
View the terms and conditions for Parking Permits.