North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC) is committed to equality of opportunity in employment and aims to have a workforce that is representative of the community that it serves.
The first few pages of the report give an overview of the equalities picture in respect of those joining the Council, current staff and those leaving the Council. This is followed by data showing a more detailed analysis by protected characteristic. The report (below) provides useful information on the Council's workforce profile and policies.
Internal and external recruitment by age, disability, race, gender, religion and sexual orientation for the period 1.1.2019 - 31.12.2019 (below).
- Analysis of staff as at 31.12.2019 by all protected characteristics except pregnancy/maternity and gender reassignment.
- Analysis of full time staff as at 31.12.2019 by all protected characteristics except pregnancy/maternity and gender reassignment
- Analysis of part time staff as at 31.12.2019 by all protected characteristics except pregnancy/maternity and gender reassignment
Summary of the results of our most recent staff survey carried out in 2018, where staff were asked to provide an agreement rating base on whether they felt the Council respected equality and diversity, how they treated as an employee by NHDC and by their colleagues, their opinion of the consistency of equal treatment at the Council, and their views on bullying and harassment.
Learning and Development
Number of refusals of applications for learning and development opportunities during 2019.
Numbers of staff under the Managing Misconduct, Complaints Resolution, Bullying and Harassment, Improving Performance and Absence procedures and analysis of those under the Attendance Procedure and Long Term Sickness Procedure by all protected characteristics except pregnancy/maternity and gender reassignment for the period 1.1.2019 - 31.12.2019. (below)
Pregnancy and Maternity
Analysis of those taking and returning from maternity leave during 2019. (below)
Analysis of leavers by all protected characteristics except pregnancy/maternity and gender reassignment for the period 1.1.2019 - 31.12.2019. (below)
Summary of the Equal Pay Audit 2018 results showing analysis by gender, age, ethnic group, disability, religion and sexuality. (below)
In the provision of the data, percentages have been used instead of raw numbers in order to protect confidentiality and analysis has not been undertaken where overall numbers are less than 10.
Gender Pay Gap Report 2019
- Gender pay gap (mean and median averages)
- Gender bonus gap (mean and median averages)>
- Proportion of men and women receiving bonuses
- Proportion of men and women in each quartile of the Council’s pay structure
The Equalities report below is a summary of the Council's gender pay gap figure for 2017 and 2018.
The Gender Pay Gap report from data for 2018-19.