Skip to main content

House to house collections licence

To carry out house to house collections for charitable purposes in England and Wales you need a licence from the Council.

Apply online

Apply by post or email

Please complete this application for House to House collections and post or email it to us:

Eligibility criteria

Applications must be in the form prescribed by the Council.

You must be a fit and proper person.

Regulation summary

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence

What does this cost?

Application fees

What happens next?

You will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion date.

Application/Licence Holder Redress

If you are unhappy about the way we have dealt with your application, the Council has a formal mechanism for dealing with such issues.

Please see our Comments, Compliments and Complaints page or call our Customer Service Team on 04162 474000.

Appeals must be lodged within 14 days.

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery).

If that does not work, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.