Skip to main content

Mutual exchange (home swap)

If you already have a social housing tenancy but need to move, you may be able to exchange your home with another tenant who is also looking to exchange. This is called a ‘mutual exchange’. 

You may be able to find a home more quickly this way, as you don’t have to wait for the normal allocation process.

The following sites help to connect social housing tenants together. Remember, you will need your Landlord's permission to exchange.