Skip to main content

Overgrown hedges and verges

Hertfordshire County Council are responsible for ensuring that hedges and verges are maintained to ensure safety for road users and pedestrians.

To report an overgrown hedge or grass verge, please use Hertfordshire County Council's Highway Faults reporting service

If you have concerns about a neighbour's hedge please read our high hedges guidance, which sets out the criteria where we are authorised to take action or provide advice as appropriate.

If you believe an overgrown hedge belongs to a property owned by settle, please contact them directly.