All Councillors are required by law to complete a declaration of interest form to register their declarable pecuniary interests (DPIs).
These include details of the Councillor's/ Councillor's spouse/partners':
- employment, office, trade, profession or vocation
- other financial benefits
- contracts with their Council
- land within their Council area
- one month or more Licence within their Council area
- corporate tenancies/ interests in land within their Council area.
- securities with a place of business or land within their Council area.
Code of Conduct
The NHDC Councillor Code is in Section 17 of the Council's Constitution.
This is an LGA (Local Government Association)-based model; you can find guidance on the LGA Model Councillor Code of Conduct here.
A full description of the DPIs are set out in the NHDC Councillors Code of Conduct in Appendix B to Section 17 and in The Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012 No.1464 legislation.
Individual District Councillor Registers of Interest can be found under each individual Councillor's page here.
Parish, Town and Community Council declarations are also available on the individual Parish, Town and Community Council declarations pages.
Employees of the Council are also covered by an internal Employee Code of Conduct and Gifts and Hospitality Policy.
For further guidance and protocols, please see attachments below.