Customer Service Strategy
We recognise a growing need for services to be provided quickly, efficiently, and effectively. The Customer Service Strategy for 2021-2027 is a firm commitment of our future aims and the actions to achieve those aims. The document can be viewed below.
Customer care standards – our operating model
We will put our customers at the heart of everything we do and provide appropriate support and assistance to those who need it, whilst ensuring customer experiences are easy, convenient, and effective.
When you contact us, we will be easy to deal with.
This means we will:
- Make it as easy as possible to access our services, at a time and in a way that is most convenient to you
- Take responsibility for your enquiry, and ensure effective internal communications between service areas
- Respond to you quickly and courteously, regardless of how you contact us
- Provide a consistent level of customer service and treat you with fairness and respect
- Make services digital by default which are available 24/7, whilst making sure those who do not use digital services can still interact with us through traditional methods
- Design our processes with all our customers in mind and make them as user friendly as possible
- Find somebody that can resolve your query if the first person you speak to us unable to, or put you in contact with the right people if it is not a Council matter
We also aim to:
- Answer your telephone call within four rings. The Customer Service Centre aim to answer your telephone call within 45 seconds
- Reply to your emails within two working days and letters within four
- See you within 5 minutes of your arrival when you visit us for an essential appointment
- Respond to questions and requests for service on Social Media within one working day
- Adhere to the timescales set out in the Comments, Compliments, and Complaints (3C’s) Policy
- Continue to improve our service to you by treating your 3C’s positively and pro-actively